Last Updated December 20th, 2021
Ridiculously easy low-carb recipes!
(And yes, they are delicious too)
What is all the frenzy with low-carb diets?
Low carb or low carbohydrate diet is a diet that limits your intake of carbohydrates and introduces more of fats and proteins in your everyday meals.
While the mention of “more fats” may straight-away send a lot of readers into a state of shock (many of you might be feeling personally scandalized), the truth is that fats is not your enemy.
The demonization of fats as the major cause of obesity and other chronic illnesses (read diabetes and heart conditions) remains largely unwarranted.
Recent studies have revealed that it the sugar (glucose) content in your bloodstream that is the real culprit here.
And what is the main source of glucose?
Yes, you guessed it right – it’s the carbs.
Even though carbs, just like fats and proteins are an important part of a well-balanced diet (of course, we eat food to primarily derive energy from it), our modern diet is based on the foundations of unhealthy levels of carbs, stripped off other essential nutrients.
Thus a deliberate effort towards lowering your overall carb-intake will not only aid weight loss (unused glucose in your body gets stored as fats) but will also supplement your health with other benefits such as:
- It increases satiety and reduces the frequency of hunger pangs. Ergo, you snack and binge less.
- People on a low-carb diet have shown to lose more visceral fats (fats that surround your organs). Thus this will automatically help you get rid of the stubborn paunch.
- Low-carb dieters have controlled cholesterol and blood-pressure levels.
- This diet pattern increases the HDL or “good cholesterol” in your body. This protects you against inflammation and chronic ailments.
- You are consuming lesser carbs as a result of which your blood sugar level and insulin are also under check. This means reduced risk of diabetes – one of the most common ailments in the world.
- Did you know that your brain is majorly made of fats? A low-carb diet guides you into eating healthy fats (nuts, seeds, and fish) or omega 3 fatty acids which have a therapeutic effect on your brain.
So why wait any further?
Dive into the world of low-carb diets with these amazingly simple yet tasty recipes!
Let your taste buds be the judge!
Different low-carb recipes
In this section let us look at special recipes for few of the common low-carb diets. These diets include keto diet, paleo diet, Atkins diet, and the low-carb Mediterranean diet.
Keto western omelet
5 minutes preparation time + 15 minutes cooking time
- Net carbs: 6 grams (or 3%)
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Fat: 58 grams (or 74%)
- Protein: 40 grams (or 23%)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream or heavy whipping cream
- Pepper and salt
- 3 oz. shredded cheese
- 2 oz. butter
- ½ yellow onion (finely chopped)
- ½ green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 5 oz. smoked deli ham (diced)
How to cook:
- Take a mixing bowl, whisk cream and eggs until it is fluffy. Then add pepper and salt to it.
- Add half of the shredded cheese and mix well.
- Put the frying pan on medium heat and melt the butter, sauté diced ham, peppers, and onion for a couple of minutes. Add egg mixture to it and fry the same till omelet gets firm. Ensure that the edges of your omelet do not get burned.
- After some time reduce the heat, sprinkle cheese and fold the omelet.
Keto salmon pie
15 minutes preparation time + 40 minutes cooking time
- Net carbs: 6 grams (or 2%)
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Fat: 101 grams (or 78%)
- Protein: 58 grams (or 20%)
For pie crust
- ¾ cup of almond flour
- 4 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of water
For the filling
- 8 oz. smoked salmon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of dill (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4 ¼ oz. cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cups of shredded cheese
How to cook:
- Preheat oven to 175OC or 350O
- Put ingredients of pie dough in the food processor that has a plastic pastry blade. Mix till the time it forms into a ball. In case, you do not have a food processor, then what you can do is mix the dough using a fork.
- Take a springform pan and put a parchment paper into it. This way you will be able to easily remove it when it is cooked.
- Oil the spatula and softly press the dough into the pan. Pre-bake your crust for about 10 to 15 minutes or till the time it is becomes browned.
- Take the filling ingredients and mix them (apart from the salmon). Then, pour the same into pie crust. After that, add salmon and bake it for around 35 minutes or till the time pie becomes golden brown.
- Let it cool down for a couple of minutes and then serve the same with salad and other vegetables.
You may well replace the grilled salmon and use smoked salmon instead. All you will have to do is adjust spices and salt accordingly.
Egg white spinach omelet
5 minutes preparation time + 8 minutes cooking time
- 2 egg whites that are separated from the yolk
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 80 grams of spinach
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 dash (or 0.40 grams) of salt
- 1 dash (or 0.10 grams) of pepper
How to cook
- Take a bowl and beat the egg white along with garlic powder and paprika.
- Add spinach to it and stir.
- Take a non-stick pan, put olive oil and heat the same over medium heat. Add the mixture to it and spread so it covers the pan.
- Cook up to the required level and remove the same from your non-stick pan.
- Add pepper and salt according to taste.
Spinach and mushroom eggs
5 minutes of preparation time + 12 minutes of cooking time
- Net carbs: 28 grams (or 12%)
- Fat: 59 grams (or 58%)
- Protein: 69 grams (or 30%)
- 7 ½ eggs
- 1 ½ dash (or 0.60 grams) of salt
- 1 ½ dash (or 0.15 grams) of pepper
- 12 ½ cups (or 375 grams) of spinach
- 1 ½ tablespoon (or 20.3 grams) of olive oil
- 3 ¾ cup (or 360 grams) of whole mushrooms
How to cook
- Whisk the eggs together, season them, and keep aside.
- Take a deep frying pan and put spinach into it, add olive oil and then cover the pan with a lid. Shimmer and continue to stir frequently for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Next, add the mushrooms and continue to stir till the time mushrooms become golden in color.
- Put the whisked eggs in and fry till the time eggs get cooked.
Almond protein pancake
5 minutes preparation time + 10 minutes cooking time
- Net carbs: 3.2 grams
- Fat: 9.1 grams
- Protein: 21.9 grams
- 2 oz. of vanilla whey protein (1 oz. is around 4 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup of almond meal flour
- 3 tablespoons of grain soy flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup small or large cottage cheese (curd creamed)
How to cook
- Mix almond meal flour, protein powder, baking powder, and soy flour together.
- Whisk the 3 eggs and then blend it with cottage cheese (you can use cream cheese if you are not fond of cottage cheese).
- Put a griddle or skillet over medium heat and lightly grease it using canola oil or butter.
- For one pancake take ¼ cup of batter and pour the same into skillet. As you see bubbles forming in the pancake, what you will have to do is turn it over. You should cook the pancake till it gets firm.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the pancakes and keep all the pancakes warm by keeping them in the oven.
3 minutes preparation time + 1 minute cooking time
- Net carbs: 4.5 grams
- Fat: 23.5 grams
- Protein: 12.3 grams
- ¼ almond flour (1/4 cup is about 28 grams)
- 1 tablespoon of zero calorie sweetener
- ¼ tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of canola vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
How to cook:
- Put all the dry ingredients into a coffee mug and stir well to combine.
- Add oil and egg into it and again properly stir.
- Put it into the microwave oven for about 1 minute.
- After that take the muffin out of the cup, slice it, add some butter and eat.
Low-carb Mediterranean diet recipes
Bacon bits and Brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts are excellent low-carb vegetables and in addition to it, they are an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C.
- Net carbs: 22 grams
- Fat: 85 grams
- Protein: 12 grams
- 1 lb (or about 454 grams) of Brussels sprouts.
- 4 tablespoons (which is equal to 60 ml) of extra virgin olive oil.
- 5 tablespoons (or 35 grams) of bacon crumbles or bits.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 1/8 tablespoon (or 0.6 ml) salt.
- ¼ tablespoon (or 1.2 ml) ground black pepper.
- 3 tablespoon (or 45 ml) of water.
How to cook
- Put a pan on heat and add olive oil into it and then put the garlic into the pan. Put the flame on medium heat and let it cook for some time so that garlic’s flavor releases.
- Add water to it and let it boil for about half a minute on medium-high heat.
- After that add the sprouts and let it cook with the lid on.
- You need to turn the heat down to medium after a minute and let the sprouts cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir properly in between to ensure the ingredients do not stick to the pan.
- After the sprouts become soft, remove the pan from heat, add salt, bacon bits, and pepper. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
Chicken Avocado Soup
10 minutes preparation time + 15-45 minutes cooking time (depending upon the thickness of the chicken breast)
- Net carbs: 20 grams
- Fat: 43%
- Protein: 44%
- 5 lb (or 680 grams) of a skinless chicken breast (boneless).
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil.
- 1 cup (or 240 ml) of green onions (chopped).
- ½ jalapeno pepper (seeded as well as minced).
- 2 Roma tomatoes (or about 140 grams) (seeded as well as minced).
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 60 oz. (or 1,700 grams) of low-salt chicken broth.
- Pepper and salt to taste.
- ½ tablespoon (or 2.5 ml) of ground cumin.
- 1/3 cup (or about 80 ml) of chopped cilantro.
- 3 tablespoon (or 45 ml) of fresh lime juice.
- 3 medium-sized California avocados which are peeled and seeded.
How to cook
- Take a large pot, put olive oil into it and put the pan over medium heat.
- Add jalapeno and green onions to be and stir well for about 1 to 2 minutes so that they become tender.
- After that add garlic into it and continue cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Next put cumin, chicken breasts, chicken broth, tomatoes, pepper, and salt into the pot. However, instead of putting salt now only you can taste the soup before serving and if required then add salt to it.
- After all the ingredients have been added, put it on high heat till the time it starts to boil. After that reduce the heat but continue boiling.
- Make sure the lid is put over the pot so that chicken breast cooks properly.
- After the chicken breasts are cooked, remove them from the pot and let them cool for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- After they cool down, shred them with fingers and put them back into the pot.
- The last thing to do will be to add ladle, cilantro, avocado cubes, and lime juice.
Subscribe to free FactDr newsletters.
If you're enjoying our website, we promise you'll absolutely love our new posts. Be the first one to get a copy!
Get factually correct, actionable tips delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
We hate spam too. We will never share your email address with anyone. If you change your mind later, you can unsubscribe with just one click
Help Others Be Fit
- Chymoral Forte
- Meftal Spas