Last Updated April 24th, 2019
Therapeutic Indications for Ciplox Tz
Ciplox Tz is used to treat bacterial infections and belongs to the fluoroquinolone class of medicines. This drug can effectively treat infections of the urinary tract, throat, ears, skin, sinus, bones, nose and the respiratory system.
Available as an oral solution, tablets, ophthalmic ointment and injections, Ciplox Tz can treat bronchitis, gonorrhea, pneumonia, syphilis, anthrax, and septicemic plague.
Ciplox Tz treats
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: Ciplox Tz H Tablet alleviates symptoms and brings relief to victims of this reflux disease
Helicobacter pylori Infection: Ciplox Tz H is combined with other medicines to treat this infection
Erosive Esophagitis: Chronic ulcers triggered by severe acidity is effectively managed using Ciplox Tz H Tablet
Ulcers: Duodenal and stomach ulcers can be effectively treated with Ciplox Tz. Ulcers caused by stress can be treated with this medicine.
Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome: In this condition, tumors in the small intestine cause excessive amounts of acid production in the stomach. Ciplox Tz effectively helps control symptoms and management of this condition.
Do I need a prescription?
A prescription from a qualified healthcare professional is required to purchase Ciplox Tz from a drug store or pharmacy.
- Adult dosage is usually fixed atCiplox Tz one tablet (250-750mg) for oral intake twice a day for five days.
- Dosage of Ciplox Tz for topical application is fixed at 1-2 drops into the affected eye. The dosage is repeated at every 1-4 hour intervals.
- The upper limit of daily oral dose for adults is 1.5 g.
- Dosage for senior adults needs adjustment according to the severity of symptoms. Doctors also weigh the potential risks of side effects while prescribing the drug to this section of the population.
- Reduced dosage is prescribed for pediatrics. Consult your healthcare professional for the exact dosage to suit children.
- Always follow the guidelines for dosage for Ciplox Tz. Also, read the instructions on the label of the medicine carefully.
- Do not stop the treatment abruptly. Ensure the course is completed, or contact your healthcare provider if you feel the need to stop the drug.
- Store the medicine in a cool place away from sunlight and heat.
- Ensure Ciplox Tz is beyond the reach of children and pets.
Ciplox TZ contains the following drugs as active ingredients.
- Tinidazole (600 mg)
- Ciprofloxacin(500 mg)
Mechanism of Action
Ciplox Tz tablets hamper cell division and bacterial DNA synthesis. This causes the destruction of existing bacteria as well as regulates the proliferation of new bacteria.
The activity of Enzymes DNA Gyrase and Topoisomerase IV are crucial for bacterial DNA synthesis. Ciplox Tz impedes the path of DNA gyrase which in turn damages the DNA. This stops cell division of bacteria and curbs growth of new ones.
The two active ingredients in Ciplox Tz work in the following manner:
Ciprofloxacin: This fluoroquinolone class of medicine inhibits bacterial DNA synthesis thus annihilating bacteria.
Tinidazole: A powerful Nitroimidazole antibiotic, which controls production of DNA in protozoa and bacteria. This drug enters the cells of bacteria and protozoa and destroys them, which reduces the infection.
Ciplox Tz can interact in the presence of certain diseases, medical conditions or while using certain medicines. Therefore, it is imperative to keep your healthcare specialist informed about all medicines, supplements, and vitamins you take. Further, your healthcare provider must know about pre-existing health conditions or diseases, so they are well equipped to handle potential drug interactions.
Following medical conditions are contraindicated with the use of Ciplox Tz:
- Decreased neutrophils
- Muscle weakness
- Blood dyscrasias
The following drugs may trigger adverse reactions if taken along with Ciplox Tz.
- Ascorbic acid
Refrain from consuming alcohol if you have started Ciplox Tz treatment.
Expectant women must not consume Ciplox Tz unless the benefits of using this drug outweigh risks.
Lactating mothers must avoid Ciplox Tz unless it is impossible to do without this medicine. Consult your healthcare specialist for further advice.
Some of the possible side effects after taking Ciplox Tz could be:
- Headache: Ciplox Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet can trigger dizziness and headache especially among children.
- Metallic or altered taste: People taking this drug report a bitter or metallic taste in the mouth. This is not a severe side effect and needs attention only if it persists.
- Breathing difficulties, cough, and runny nose: Trouble breathing due to a blocked nose or runny nose is a common side effect, which will settle in time. Consult your specialist it persists.
- Diarrhea: Upset stomach or discomfort, pain, bloating is reported by users of this drug. This side effect should also settle in time.
- Fatigue: The drug can trigger unusual fatigue and tiredness
- Nausea and Vomiting: This is a rather uncommon side effect. Consult your specialist.
- Allergy: Skin allergy, hives, rashes accompanied by any breathing difficulty should be dealt with immediately. Consult your healthcare provider if you notice the development of skin issue after taking the drug
- Appetite loss: Patients report extreme loss of appetite. Deal with the side effect only if it persists by consulting with your Doctor
- Thrombophlebitis at the site of injection
- Injections of Ciplox Tz 500 Mg/600 Mg Tablet injections can trigger inflammation of the skin. This is localized to the site of injection only.
What to do if I skip a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember but ensure it is not close to the next scheduled dose.
Overdose of CiploxTz needs emergency medical treatment
Generic brand names of Ciplox Tz
Brand: Ciplox Tz
Different brand names of Ciplox Tz
Cipla Ltd manufactures and markets Ciplox Tz.
Substitutes for Ciplox Tz
Following medicines share similar form, strength, and composition as Ciplox Tz
Subscribe to free FactDr newsletters.
If you're enjoying our website, we promise you'll absolutely love our new posts. Be the first one to get a copy!
Get factually correct, actionable tips delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
We hate spam too. We will never share your email address with anyone. If you change your mind later, you can unsubscribe with just one click
Help Others Be Fit