Last Updated December 20th, 2021
An indication is a symptom, illness or condition for which a drug is prescribed. Nise 100 MG Tablet belongs to a group of drugs classified as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is fast acting in the treatment of acute pains in patients with Osteoarthritis and Menstruation. It can also be taken to treat mild or severe pains caused by sprains, strains, joints or other muscle pains. Other specific uses of the drug include the following:
- Acute pain
- Osteoarthritic Pain: these are pains that are associated with a degenerative bone disorder where there is a gradual loss of cartilage
- Primary Dysmenorrhea- these are pains that are associated with menstruation
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Back pain
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (manages symptoms such as pain and stiffness associated with this disease
- Post-operative pain
- Bursitis (swelling and joint pains)
- Tendinitis (pain and swelling of joins that connect muscles and bones)
- Other pains associated with yeast infections, thrombophlebitis, and dysmenorrhea
- Inhibition of growth of cancer cells
- Mild pain from muscle sprains and stains
- Back pains
- Frozen shoulder -treats stiffness and pain in shoulders.
Do I need a prescription?
The drug can only be recommended and prescribed by a doctor; accessing the over the counter is not recommended.
The main chemical component of the drug is Nimesulide.
Mechanism of Action (MOA)
Nise 100 MG Tablet works by preventing the production of Cyclooxygenase, thereby blocking the production of prostaglandins in the body. Production of prostaglandin compound causes body symptoms such as swelling, pain, and inflammation at various points in the body. Nise 100 MGworks by controlling all actions in the body that are associated with feeling inflammation. Processes that are blocked include histamine, proteolytic enzymes, free radicals, prostaglandin, and cyclooxygenase. This makes it ideal for treatment of pain at various points in the body such as back pain, joints, menstruation among others mentioned above.
These are conditions in the body of a patient that may interfere with the usual functioning of the drugs or may worsen the side effects associated with a specific drug. Nise 100MG is contraindicated in patients with the following conditions:
- Allergy or hypersensitivity-patients that react with NSAIDs should refrain from using this medication. Severe allergic reactions that you watch out for include Asthma and Urticaria
- Peptic ulcers: Nise 100 MG may aggravate peptic ulcers in patients that have it. It makes them swell. People with this condition or have a family history of the disease should avoid taking this medicine.
- Liver disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)
Less serious and common side effects include
- Acid or sour stomach
- Stomach cramps or upsets (common and major)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Constipation (common and major)
- Nausea and vomiting (common and major)
Serious side effects that are less common include
- Skin rash
- Increased secretion of liver enzymes
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- Shortness of breath
- Blood clotting
- Genitourinary: traces of blood in urine, a decrease in urination and impairment of kidney
These are unlikely reactions in the body that may result from taking a given drug. They may occur when taken with certain foods, drinks or other drugs. The following conditions may react with the drug:
- Asthmatic people or those with a family history of asthma should be careful when taking any NSAIDs. Those already with the disease should not take it unless advised so by a doctor.
- Fluid retention or edema: these may be as a result of blood pressure or other heart complications. Nise 100MG may not be given unless appropriate dosage and monitoring is done by a doctor
- Gastrointestinal toxicity: this is likely to happen especially if they are taken more than a month. In such a case, a doctor should be informed. Toxicity can be identified if warning symptoms such as chronic indigestion, coffee-like colored blood in stools and vomiting as sighted.
- Skin rash: some skin problems can be seen such as hives and rashes, which would indicate an allergic reaction. Such need to be reported to a doctor immediately or for alternative or alternative medication to be considered.
- Kidney function impairment: People with this condition should seek further medical advice before taking Nise 100. The dosage and other possible adverse side effects need to be monitored.
- Heart attack or stroke: Consult a doctor for close monitoring if you have major heart disease. The doctor may need to assess the nature of the condition to adjust the optimum and safe optimum. The doctor may recommend additional drugs to manage the condition. Symptoms for adverse reactions such as chest pains, shallow breathing, slow or slurred speech, and general body weakness need to be reported to a doctor.
- Alcohol: Nise 100MG should not be taken with alcohol. Consumption of alcohol with the drug may cause stomach bleeding. If you notice dry stool coffee colored, it may be indicative of stomach bleeding and this should be reported to a doctor immediately.
- Nise 100 may interact with some lab tests. However, there is not enough information on which lab tests interact with 100MG Tablet.
- Interaction with foods is also not known and the drug is understood to be well tolerated with most food substances.
- Nise 100 Mg interacts with several following drugs can cause a major reaction and it is recommended to consult a doctor if you must take them, or where benefits of taking them outweigh risks involved.
- This causes side effects such as dizziness, coffee black or tarry, dried stools that suggest the possibility of stomach bleeding. Other red flag symptoms include vomiting of blood and stool
- Taking this drug may cause symptoms such as swelling, vomiting, muscle cramps, confusion, and weakness.
- Ketorolac (serious and life-threatening)
- Aspirin / Acetylsalicylic acid (serious and life-threatening)
- Many drugs that contain this component may cause serious and life-threatening interactions. These include Vindec, Orogesic AQ, Regunac, Retik, Saiflam, Biovon, Ezofen-AQ, Diclam.
- Paracetamol / Acetaminophen
What to Do If You Skip a Dose
If for some reason you forgot to take this medicine, please ensure to resume as soon as you remember. However, ensure that the time of taking this medicine is far from the next interval, otherwise, it should be skipped and normal schedule resumed. At no any instance should you take double the recommended dose to make up for missed dose or if symptoms become too severe. A doctor should be informed to assess the situation and make an appropriate decision.
- Recommended daily dosage is 100 MG.
- General dosage advise is 5mg/kg. These may be divided into 2 to 3 doses
- The drug can safely be taken with or without food
- You should ensure all doses are taken to completion and at specified intervals.
- In case of an overdose, consult a doctor immediately. Look of warning signs of overdose that include skin rashes, chest pains, blurry vision among others.
- The drug is not recommended to be taken by people aged below 12.
- Abstain from alcohol when taking Nise 100MG Tablet. This may aggravate symptoms such as fever, chills, rashes, joint pain, swelling, general body weakness, nausea. Such symptoms should be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Nise 100 Mg is safe for use and it has no habit-forming risk
- Do not take this drug if you are pregnant or are planning to get pregnant. The effects of the drug on the fetus have not been fully studied to conclude otherwise. This is especially after 30 weeks of the gestation period. If it must be used, consult a doctor first.
- Besides, there are no conclusive studies to show the effects Nise 100MG on breast milk and health of the baby although it is unlikely that the drug would pass to breastmilk.
- Do not continue taking the drug after 15 days, unless advised to by a doctor
- If you have arthritis or any condition associated with weak bones, you should not take this drug for more than 15 days. Prolonged usage is associated with weakness of bones and other harmful effects.
- Avoid excess dosage
- Do not take paracetamols such as Panadol if you are taking Nise 100MG. They belong to the same class of NSAIDs and this may be an overdose. However, you can take it with ibuprofen
- Always inform a doctor if you have any bleeding or bruising
- Seek medical advice if you have systemic lupus erythematosus
- It is advisable to take Nise 100Mg with water.
- Consult a doctor if you experience ringing sound in ears or roaring in ears
- This drug has been banned in a number of developing countries owing to the impact it has on the hepatic health.
Different brands and manufacturing companies the Drug
The following manufacturers use similar composition and strength of Pan D.
- Nimogem 100MG by Zipla Ltd
- Nodard 100Mg by Zydus Cadila
- Embulide 100MG by Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Substitutes of the Drug
The following drugs are considered substitutes of Nise 100MG Tablet as they have similar composition, strength, and formulation.
- Nimfast 100MG
- Pyrimide 100MG Tablet
- Supernim 100MgTablet
- Nisuk 100MG Tablet
- Novolid 100MG Tablet
- Nimegesic 100MG
- Lupisulide 100 MG
- Nimrest 100 MG
- Remulide 100 MG Tablet
- Pansulide Rd 100 MG Tablet
Other Facts about the drug
- Effects of the drug are noticed with an hour after taking it
- The drug can stay in the bloodstream for around 5 hours
- Statistically, people that have taken Nise 100MG for the following conditions: Pain (44%), Migraine (8%), Rheumatoid Arthritis, osteoarthritis (7%), Tendinitis (3%), others (21%).
- 50% of people reported improvement within 2 hours, 17% within 2 days, 11% within a day, 9% within 6 hours and 5% within 3%.
- Most people, 525 took Nise 100MG once a day, 23% did not take it daily while 13% took it twice a day. Those that took it three and four times a day were 4% and 2%.
- 80% of patients took the medicine with food, 11% with or without food and 4% on an empty stomach.
- Prevalence of side effects was as follows: Skin rash, (20%), abdominal pain (10%), nausea and constipation (7%), diarrhea (2%). 5% did not report any side effects while 50% reported other side effects.
Help Others Be Fit