Last Updated December 20th, 2021
Therapeutic Indications of Esava
Esava is a topical antifungal medication available as a cream,solution and soap effective against fungal and yeast infections of the hair, nails, skin and blood.
Doctors prescribe Sava topical medication to treat infections of the skin such as Seborrhea( flaky dry skin), ringworm and jock itch. Essentially, the medicine helps protect the skin from fungus growing on it.
Additionally, shampoos with ketoconazole are available under different brand names to cure several kinds of dandruff. Patients with a skin condition called Pityriasis, characterized by darkening or lightening of the skin of arms, neck, chest, and legs find relief with Esava medication.
Esava treats the following conditions:
- Candida yeast skin infection
- Athlete’s foot
- Infection of nail cuticle
- Skin infection caused by a fungus
- Ringworm of groin and body.
- Seborrheic dermatitis
Do I Need a Prescription?
A prescription from a qualified medical practitioner is mandatory to buy Esava topical cream and solution from any pharmacy or drug store.
- This medication is for the skin only. Ensure you wash your hands well before using the medicine.
- First, clean the affected area with water and dry it. Apply the medicine on the spot and surrounding area on the skin.
- Do not allow the medicine to get into your nose, eyes, mouth and inside private parts.
- Apply this medication once or twice a day or as directed by your doctor.
- Store Esava topical at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
- The usual period of treatment withEsava can be from 2 to 4 weeks.
- Dosage and length of treatment are dependent on the type of infection. Do not increase the duration of this medication if the condition does not clear. This may elevate the risk of side effects.
- It is good to apply for this medicine at a consistent time every day.
- Do not abruptly stop the treatment until the schedule and prescribed time is over. If you stop the medicine prematurely, there is a high possibility of relapse in the growth of fungus.
- Do not expose the area to water for about three hours after application ofEsava medication.
- Ensure children and pets are away from this medicine.
- Make sure not to use dressing or bandages on the treated area. Follow the advice of your health care provider.
- Store the medicine away from heat and light at temperatures between 15 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- Do not store in moist areas like the bathroom
The active ingredient in Esava cream and lotion is ketoconazole salt at 2% concentration.
Mechanism of action
The active ingredient, ketoconazole, in Esava products destroys the fungal cell membrane and kills the fungi causing the infection.
What ketoconazole effectively does is to hamper the production of ergosterol that forms the key component of the fungal cell membrane. Devoid of ergosterol, the cell membrane disrupts, resulting in leakage of the cell components. This causes death of fungi and quelling of infection.
- Inform your healthcare provider about all the health conditions you suffer from and the medicines, vitamins, and supplements you take. Doctors can then evaluate any potential drug interaction and advise accordingly.
- It is advisable not to alter or stop the dosage of any medicine before consulting with your health care provider.
- Those that are allergic to the ingredients of this medicine must refrain from using it.
- Those with liver problems must seek the advice of the specialist before using Esava cream.
- If you have a medical history of irregular heart rhythm, dizziness, or acidity consult your doctor before using Esava cream.
- Esava cream or lotion contains ketoconazole, which is flammable. Do not go near an open flame if you have applied it on your skin. Also, refrain from smoking after application of this medicine.
- Children below 12 years of age must not use this medicine containing ketoconazole.
- Pregnant women end breastfeeding mothers should check with their health care provider about the safety of this medicine. Use only if the benefits of using Esava cream outweigh the risks.
- Do not use other skin products, harsh soaps, cleansers, astringents along with Esava cream and lotion.
- Avoid the use of other medicated creams or lotions without consulting your healthcare provider.
- Do not cover the treated area with tight-fitting clothing.
- Do not use bandage or plasters on the infected area. Allow proper air circulation to the skin.
Most often Esava cream and lotion do not cause any serious side effects. However, in a few people, it may cause swelling, redness, irritation and tingling sensation at the site of infection.
Some patients complain of headache, this is a less serious side effect. Discoloration of the skin is another common side effect. It may take months for the skin to return to normal color, especially while treating skin conditions like pityriasis.
Usually, the side effects disappear. In case they persist, consult your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Serious side effects
Inform your doctor immediately if you experience any of the below-mentioned side effects.
- Blistering, open sores with oozing
- Serious allergic reaction
- Dizziness and trouble breathing
- Swelling of throat, face, and tongue
- Mild hair loss
- Eye redness
- Hay fever and runny nose
- Suicidal thoughts
- Mood swings
- Reduction in testosterone and sperm count
What to do if I skip a dose?
If you skip a dose, you may apply it as soon as it comes to your mind. However, ensure adequate time interval between the scheduled doses. Double application in quick succession to compensate for the missed dose is not advisable.
Inform your health care specialist if you have overdosed on Esava cream or lotion and are facing skin irritation.
Consumption of this medicine is extremely harmful and symptoms can be serious. It needs immediate medical care.
Generic brand names of Esava
Brand : Esava
Different brand names of Esava
Esava cream and lotion is manufactured by Praise Pharma
Substitute brands for Esava
Subscribe to free FactDr newsletters.
If you're enjoying our website, we promise you'll absolutely love our new posts. Be the first one to get a copy!
Get factually correct, actionable tips delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
We hate spam too. We will never share your email address with anyone. If you change your mind later, you can unsubscribe with just one click
Help Others Be Fit
- Chymoral Forte