Last Updated December 20th, 2021
Therapeutic Indications for Signoflam
Signoflam Tablet comes under the class of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).A combination of drug effectively combats chronic pain and inflammation.
Doctors prescribe Signoflam to bring relief to extremely painful health conditions like:
Rheumatoid Arthritis: Signoflam helps reduce the pain, swelling, and stiffness in joints which is typical of this condition
Ankylosing Spondylitis: Chronic pain and stiffness related to Ankylosing Spondylitis is treated with Signoflam Tablet
Osteoarthritis: This medicine alleviates joint pain associated with osteoarthritis.
Dysmenorrhea: Signoflam relieves the pain associated with menstruation
Migraine: This medicine can relieve symptomsand acute pain associated with this condition
Signoflam is available as a tablet for oral intake
Do I need a prescription?
A prescription for Signoflam is not mandatory. This drug is available at all leading drug stores and pharmacies over-the-counter.
Doctors usually prescribe dosage for Signoflam after considering the weight and age of the patient. Present health conditions of patients, as well as medical history, are assessed before prescribing Signoflam. If patients are battling severe health conditions or have a history of allergy or reactions to any drug, the dosage for Signoflam may vary to suit these observations.
- Adhere to the dosage suggested by your healthcare provider
- Splitting, chewing or crushing the tablet is not a good idea. Instead, swallow it whole.
- Take Signoflam with food to offset the risk of stomach problems
- Store Signoflam in a cool and dry place away from moisture in an airtight container
- Dosage for Signoflam 100mgis usually 01 tab in the morning and 01 in the evening. The dosage should not exceed 02 tablets in a day
- Consume adequate water to minimize the irritation caused in the stomach.
- Patients experience the effect of this medicine within an hour of administration of the dose.
- Usually the effect lasts for nearly 12 to 16 hours.
This drug is a combination of three medicines. The main ingredients of Signoflam areParacetamol, Aceclofenac and Serratiopeptidase.
Mechanism of Action
Ingredients in Signoflam haveanti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties. The three medicines that make up Signoflam- Aceclofenac, Paracetamol / Acetaminophen and Serratiopeptidase have a role to play in reducing pain.
- Paracetamol / Acetaminophen is an antipyretic, which helps in reducing fever
- Aceclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), and works by inhibiting the release of key chemical messengers in the brain that trigger fever and pain.
- The enzyme, Serratiopeptidaseheals the inflammation by triggering a breakdown of unusual proteins at the spot. This enzyme also reduces swelling by causing the thinning of fluids thatforms during injury. It also enables smooth drain out of these fluids, which also expedites healing.
- BasicallySignoflam hinders the working of cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes. These enzymes are naturally occurring in the body and producechemicals called prostaglandins. These chemicals are responsible for causing inflammation, pain,swellingand redness at the injured area.When the effects of COX enzymes get disturbed and inhibited, the production of prostaglandins reduces. This increases blood flow in the skin , to relieve pain.
Signoflam has the possibility of interacting with other drugs orin the presence of certain health conditions. It is for this reason that you should open up about your medical history and medicines regimen with your healthcare provider. With this information, the healthcare provider can take a call on dosage as well as adjustments if needed.
Completely avoid alcohol when you are taking Signoflam. This combo elevates risk of bleeding in the stomach. Symptoms of stomach bleeding show up as darkcolour blood in stools or while coughing.
- Corticosteroids: Use with caution as this combination can increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding. Consider taking alternative medicine after consulting your doctor.
- Lithium: This combination is not recommended due to the risk of increase in the lithium levels, which may lead to adverse effects . An alternative medicine may be better in this scenario.
- Antihypertensives: If you are taking Antihypertensives with Signoflam Tablet, then you are at increased risk of kidney damage. The risk is elevated among senior adults. Regular monitoring of kidney function is necessary. Drink adequate water to keep well hydrated.
- Digoxin:This combination is not recommended as it increases the Digoxin levels in the body. This could lead to cardiovascular disease. Consider taking alternative medicine after consulting your doctor.
In addition, the following drugs also carry the potential of an adverse reaction with Signoflam
- Sodium Nitrite
The presence of the following diseases can increase the risk of interaction with Signoflam
- Blood coagulation disorders
- Gastro-Intestinal toxicity
- Acute rhinitis
- Peptic ulcer
- Systemic Lupus
- Impaired kidney function
- Allergy to Aceclofenac
- Bleeding disorders
- Heart disease
- Hepatic impairment
- Crohn’s disease
- Blood clotting problems
Do not take Signoflam if you are pregnant. This medicine is not advisable for use during this stage unless there is no choice.
Do not use Signoflam if you are breast-feeding unless the patient cannot do without this medicine. In that case, it is better to stop breast-feeding.
Do not drive a car or operate machinery while you are on this medicine as there is a likelihood of feeling drowsy or dizzy after taking this tablet.
Some of the oft-reported side effects of Signoflam are drowsiness, mouth ulcer and fatigue. Skin allergy is also quite common. If these side effects go away in a few days, there is no cause for concern. Seek medical help only if side effects persist. The following list of side effects can be severe and needs medical attention
- Abdominal pain
- Liver damage
- Nose bleeding
- Liver toxicity
What to do if you skip a dose?
Take the skipped dose as soon as it occurs to you provided it is not too close to the next scheduled dose. If you remember at a time too close to the next dose, it is better to skip the missed dose altogether. Taking two doses at close intervals can enhance the risk of overdose.
Symptoms of Signoflam overdose manifest as chest pain, skin rashes, blurred vision, and confusion. Overdose can become life threatening without timely medical intervention.
Generic brand names of Signoflam
Brand : Signoflam SR Tablet
Generic : Aceclofenac
Different manufacturing companies of Signoflam
Lupin Laboratories Ltd manufactures Signoflam
Substitutes for Signoflam
Drugs mentioned below are good substitutes for Signoflam as they share the same strength, form and composition as Signoflam
Subscribe to free FactDr newsletters.
If you're enjoying our website, we promise you'll absolutely love our new posts. Be the first one to get a copy!
Get factually correct, actionable tips delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
We hate spam too. We will never share your email address with anyone. If you change your mind later, you can unsubscribe with just one click
Help Others Be Fit
- Chymoral Forte
- Meftal Spas