Last Updated September 27th, 2019
Evion LC is a combination medication, a dietary supplement containing Vitamin E and Levocarnitine. Vitamin E is used as an antioxidant while Levo Carnitine as an amino acid derivative in individuals that do not produce enough amounts in the body. Evion LC is used in the management and treatment of the following conditions:
- Dyspraxia a movement disorder
- Nighttime muscle cramps
- Obstructed supply of blood in the legs that result in cramping pain
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Chemotherapy nerve-related damage
- As a dietary supplement
- Coronary artery disease, heart attack and heart disease( in risk reduction)
- Period pain
- Male infertility( To improve count and motility of sperms)
- Improvement of vigor and fertility
- Cystic fibrosis
- High blood pressure
- Bleeding in premature infants skull
- Primary and secondary carnitine deficiency
- Infants and children heart conditions
- Improvement of energy and strength
- Chest pain
- Valproate toxicity
- Tardive dyskinesia
- For maintaining and improving muscle and skeletal health
To monitor your blood parameters, the most common blood test is the CBC blood test. This can be done from the comfort of your home, The CBC test is a complete blood panel that tests levels of RBC, hemoglobin, differential and absolute WBC and platelets.
Do I Need a Prescription?
Evion LC can be bought from pharmacies close to you and from online drug stores. But a doctor’s prescription is mandatory.
The dosage for Evion LC depends on the severity of the condition being treated. The recommended dosage of Evion LC is:
- One tablet is taken two times a day
- One tablet once a day
Evion LC has two active ingredients. These are:
- 150 mg Levocarnitine (L-Carnitine)
- 200 mg Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate)
Mechanism of Action (MOA)
Evion LC has both L-Carnitine and Vitamin E that work together to treat different conditions. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and scavenges radicals in body cells preventing damage that can be due to radicals like the development of cancer and other diseases. It prevents red blood cells from undergoing hemolysis. Other functions of vitamin E in the body include thickening of hair, balancing cholesterol and hormones, vision improvement, repair of damaged skin, improving physical endurance and in the growth and development of a healthy fetus.
L-Carnitine supplements for the low amounts produced by the body to get sufficient quantity. L-Carnitine is utilized in the body for the slowing of body processes that result in cell damage. Evion LC activates the synthesis of L-Carnitine by the body. It is also involved in the metabolism of long-chain fatty acids by working as a carrier molecule in the mitochondria. This encourages the production of energy from the fatty acids.
Facts on Evion LC
- Evion LC is well-absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, about 20% – 80%.
- While taking Evion LC, it can take up to 3 or 4 weeks for your symptoms to improve.
- Evion LC is metabolized in the liver and excreted mainly through bile in the faces and a little through urine.
- It enters the blood through chylomicrons in lymph. It is bound lipoproteins for distribution.
- It does not form a habit when used for long durations.
- Vitamin E was first isolated in 1936 from wheat germ.
The use of Evion LC is not recommended if you have a number of medical conditions or a history of some. When used with these underlying conditions, it could lead to worsening of the conditions or occurrence of side effects. Inform your doctor of all medical conditions you have or have previously had as they could affect the prescription. Evion LC use is not recommended in the following conditions:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease or dialysis
- Eye disorder such as retinitis pigmentosa
- Bleeding disorder such as hemophilia
- Heart attack and stroke disorder
- Head or neck cancer or its history
- Deficiency of vitamin K
- Allergic reactions to key ingredients
- Evion LC should only be used when the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Use when the benefits outweigh the risks to the nursing baby.
- Peptic ulcers
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Thrombosis or a history of the same
Evion LC can cause some side effects apart from the intended effects. The side effects do not occur in everyone and in some cases may go away on their own. They depend on the dose being taken, the duration of use and any underlying medical conditions. The side effects can be common and less serious while others can be rare and very serious. Report to your doctor any side effects you get to experience especially if they do not go away. The common side effects include:
- Feeling weak
- Loose stools
- Stomach pain
- A headache
- Low blood sugar
- Prickling and tingling sensations
- Increased levels of calcium
- Muscle weakness
- A cough
- Changes in body odor
- Muscle ache
- Bone pain
Rare side effects include:
- Vision being blurred
- High blood pressure
- Contact dermatitis
- Asthma-like symptoms
- Peripheral edema
If the changes in body odor are stronger than can be tolerated consult your physician as dose reduction is recommended to reduce the strength of the odor. Suck on hard sugar-free candy to reduce on nausea and vomiting.
In case you get an allergic reaction to Evion LC, report it to your doctor and discontinue the use of the medication. Signs of an allergic reaction include swelling of the throat, lips, face and tongue, skin rashes and difficulty breathing.
If accidentally you take an overdose of Evion LC, inform your doctor or rush to the emergency center of a hospital next to you carrying the medication package with you for identification. Taking an overdose of Evion LC can result in severe side effects.
When you take more than two drugs at the same time, drug interactions are likely to occur. Drug interactions affect the way your drug functions or other drugs or may result in severe side effects. Inform your doctor of any medications you are using or have been using both over the counter drugs and prescription drugs, dietary supplements and herbal products. The following drugs are products interact with Evion LC:
- The action of anticoagulants increases when high doses of Evion LC are used.
- Iron supplements. Taking Evion LC high doses interferes with the response to iron supplements such as ferrous fumarate, carbonyl iron
- Colestipol, cholestyramine, and orlistat interfere with the absorption of Vitamin E.
- Oral contraceptive pills
What to Do If You Skip a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you realize it. If it is close to the time for your next dose, you can skip the dose and take the next one then continue with your normal schedule. However, do not double the dose to compensate for the missed dose. Frequent missing of doses makes the medication not to be effective in managing your condition. To avoid missing of doses, set an alarm reminder or have a family member remind you when it is time for the next dose.
Before using Evion LC a number of precautions are to be considered. The precautions include:
- Do not take Evion LC if you are allergic to any of the active ingredients.
- Inform your doctor of all medication you are suing to avoid drug interactions that can be fatal.
- Inform your doctor of all underlying medical conditions you have or have a history of as they might affect the prescription.
- Do not use alcohol while you use Evion LC as it increases dizziness and drowsiness.
- In the case that you experience drowsiness, do not participate in activities that require mental alertness such as driving and operation of heavy machinery.
- Lactating Mothers: The risks to the nursing babies are not well known thus should be used cautiously when the benefits outweigh the risks.
- Evion LC should be used cautiously if you have severe kidney disease as it could cause hyperkalemia.
- Evion LC should be stored in a cool dry dark place that is away from heat and sunlight. Do not freeze the medications. It should be stored away from pets and children.
- Do not take Evion LC that s expired. Always check the package for expiry date when buying the drug. Expired medication has reduced effectiveness or might cause toxicity resulting in side effects.
- Evion LC can cause bleeding, for this, it should be used cautiously if you have a bleeding disorder or ulcers in the stomach and duodenum as in increases the risk of excessive bleeding.
- If you are taking more than one dose in a day of Evion LC, the doses for the medication should be evenly spaced in the day to regulate blood concentrations.
- Evion LC should be taken after a meal or during meal time with a lot of water.
- Frequent monitoring of blood sugar is recommended for individuals that are diabetic.
- Administration of Evion LC intravenously is a risk in individuals with very low levels of Vitamin K when used in larger doses.
- Do not increase the dosage prescribed by your doctor, as high doses increase the chances of side effects occurring.
- Taking Evion LC can increase acidity in the stomach, avoid having spicy and oily foods to check on acidity.
Different Brands and Manufacturing Companies of the Drug
Evion LC is manufactured by Merck Consumer Healthcare Ltd India. Evion LC is manufactured as tablets. Merck Consumer Healthcare Ltd India also manufactured the following brands:
- Evion Forte capsule that contains 500 mg lycopene, 90 mg eicosapentaenoic acid(EPA), 60 mg docosahexaenoic (DHA), 150 mg Vitamin C and 50 IU Vitamin E.
- Evion cream that contains Vitamin E and Aloe Vera
- Evion 200 mg capsule that contains 200 mg Vitamin E
- Evion 400 mg capsule that contains 400 mg Vitamin E
- Evion 600 mg capsule that contains 600 mg Vitamin E
Substitutes of Evion LC
Substitute for the medication containing the same ingredients and strength include:
- Ecap 400 mg tablet– Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Evinal 400 mg tablet– Alembic Ltd
- Evita 400 mg tablet– Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Evitam 400 mg tablet – Cipla Ltd
- Ne C capsule – Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Orsivit LC tablet – Orsim Pharma
Subscribe to free FactDr newsletters.
If you're enjoying our website, we promise you'll absolutely love our new posts. Be the first one to get a copy!
Get factually correct, actionable tips delivered straight to your inbox once a week.
We hate spam too. We will never share your email address with anyone. If you change your mind later, you can unsubscribe with just one click
Help Others Be Fit
- Chymoral Forte
- Meftal Spas